We're grateful this month to be able to share some audio clips from several former journalists now working in communications and marketing, and have them talk about some challenges of making the move away from news and offer some advice for those thinking about it. Really interesting perspective! Also this month, new data on how long your content performs on the most popular channels. Plus, Pinterest's 2022 trends, Kevin's lessons for communicators from the Disney+ doc "Get Back," and a listener question about wanting to leave a new job soon after starting it.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We want to hear from you! Contact us with your comment about the topics we talk about in this episode. Or, are you looking for advice on some aspect of your communications or marketing work? Ask away! We may include your comment or question on next month's show.
- Send a message, comment or question
- Record an audio comment or question (click the microphone at the bottom of HansonandHunt.com)
- 1:15 - Talking Point: Former journalists in communications
- 31:00 - Spotlight: Lessons from "Get Back"
- 35:35 - Quick News & Quick Takes: How long does content really perform?
- 37:10 - Quick News & Quick Takes: Pinterest's 2022 trends
- 38:20 - Quick News & Quick Takes: Pandemic challenges for marketers
- 40:00 - Listener question: Advice for someone who just started a PR job they hate
ARTICLES AND LINKS
U.S. newsroom employment has fallen 26% since 2008
How to adapt your skills when switching from journalism to the dark side
How to transition from journalism to marketing
Common misconceptions about switching from journalism to PR
What journalists should know before switching to PR
How long does your content last?
Pinterest Predicts: The 2022 trends your audience will love
Level up your digital marketing in 2022
FOLLOW HANSON AND HUNT
Show page - HansonandHunt.com
Sign up for Arik's weekly newsletter
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices