Those who create content for blogs and websites are well aware their traffic hasn't been the same for several years. We discuss a post that tees us up for how you can try and break through – perhaps with email newsletters, influencers and employees. And we get into it a bit about the notion that you need to create and distribute your best content possible, all the time. Also this month, a monster of a brand anniversary, the often forgotten truth of 'the long tail' of content marketing, plus a listener question about the job titles you see in communications job postings.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We want to hear from you! Contact us with your comment about the topics we talk about in this episode. Or, are you looking for advice on some aspect of your communications or marketing work? Ask away! We may include your comment or question on next month's show.
- Send a message, comment or question
- Record an audio comment or question (click the microphone at the bottom of HansonandHunt.com)
- 1:05 - Talking Point: Content publishing challenges
- 15:35 - Spotlight: A monster of an anniversary
- 17:55 - Quick News & Quick Takes: What many marketers get wrong
- 21:25 - Quick News & Quick Takes: The “State of Marketing” report
- 23:45 - Quick News & Quick Takes: Respecting content's role in the organization
- 27:55 - Listener question: How do you make sense of job titles in job postings?
ARTICLES AND LINKS
The incentives to publish no longer reward the web’s creators
The remaking of The Mash: A Monster Miracle
Your obsession with demand gen is going to suffocate your B2B marketing
“State of Marketing” report from Salesforce
Content’s defining problem (and how to solve it)
FOLLOW HANSON AND HUNT
Show page - HansonandHunt.com
Sign up for Arik's weekly newsletter